Tuesday 14 May 2013

Cat Breed of the Week: Norwegian Forest Cat

Hello! This is SilverDawn, with the Cat Breed of the Week post. 

Norwegian Forest Cats are native to Northern Europe. They have very long, insulating fur which comes in most colours and patterns. 

http://25.media.tumblr.com/4776f2bd1385ff53ad92e2da29bbe5d2/tumblr_mguvqrHyqT1ridnryo1_500.jpg 

They are big and strong cats, with long legs and a bushy tail. They have a lot of energy, and are wonderful hunters and climbers.
This breed has been preserved and not created, if you know what I mean. They evolved naturally. 
 In folklore, it was said that these cats could see invisible things, hear things which nothing else can, and enter places unaccessible to man. In Scandinavian mythology, they are associated with love and spirituality. 

I hope you found this interesting! I certainly did. ^.^

PS. I think I'll write a story about Norwegian Forest Cats...

No comments:

Post a Comment