Monday 5 August 2013

Thinking of getting a cat?

Hello! This is SilverDawn, although I'm on Kinyonga's blogger account ;)

I decided I'd write a short article on getting a cat. 

Thinking of getting a cat? Cats make very good pets, for they are good company and very easy to look after. You don't have to walk them, and you can leave them at home when you go out for the day - two things which make them more practical to own than dogs. The only work a cat would need is feeding twice a day, a constant supply of fresh water, and changing the littertray (unless your cat lives mostly outside) every few days. When you go on holiday, it's fine to leave your cat with a responsible neighbour. 
There have been studies to show that people who have a pet are on the whole happier, and cats provide you with company, affection, and they are also fun to play with. 
It's good to get a cat as a kitten, for then they will settle in better with you. A good age to get a cat at is three to four months. A kitten younger than that should not be separated from its mother, and when they are older than that it is often too late for social training (see Kittens and Pregnancy).
Once you have your kitten, it's good if you can keep it indoors for the first few weeks, so it can settle down properly. Cuddle it and play with it, to form a relationship. 

I hope you're convinced! ;b

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could get an inside cat but I can't... Though good post. c:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about getting a cat but I dont know what I could name the kitty :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I GOT MY KITTEN YESTERDAY!! But I dont know what to name her :( please help! Shes white with bluey-grey eyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, here are some names:
      Snowy
      Fluffy
      Winter
      Frosty
      I usually name cats after their fur color :3 (if i had one)

      Delete